Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Forms and Automation

Hi,

I'm currently building a a Jira service management interface allowing clients to brief us using the new Forms features.

Unfortunately when the form is modified it goes automatically in a submitted mode. But it's breaking the field linking.  As by completing the form, the issue will have created (using automation) some sub-tasks I need the fields update able to populate the form and vice versa.

Would it be possible to always keep the form open in order to keep the linked fields synchronized with it ? Or is there an automation allowing to reopen a form once submitted ?

Thank you very much

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Apr 08, 2022

@Julien Osmont The forms are setup to capture information at a given point of time.  The can be reopened by agents or admins (depending on how you set it up)  they are not made to be constantly open allowing data to change.  If something needs to be updated the agent would need to open and update it.  There are no automations for this currently.

@Brant Schroeder maybe do you know, how to give agent permission to reopen form? Now i have agent in the "Service Desk Team" role but unfortunately he can't reopen submitted form, only admin can.

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jun 30, 2022

When you set up the form under settings you can lock it which would only allow admins to open it.  

Captureper.PNG

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/reopen-delete-or-download-a-form-from-an-issue/ 

Like Łukasz Łukojć likes this

@Brant Schroeder that was it, thank you :)

I wish Atlassian would allow the project admins to decide if they want the form to remain open or not. I get they had an intention for it, but it renders forms useless for my current project. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events