Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms (ProForma) are powerful, but I have some suggestions

Brock Jolet March 24, 2022

I've recently been updating some of our service management request types to include Forms. They are very powerful for improving clarity when requesting certain types of information and the Atlassian team has been very attentive when I notice issues.

However, I wish Forms functionality was natively included in the Request Form creation interface. I know that ProForma was a plugin, but now that it is in-house I would like to see the product separated between two use cases:

• Forms that can be added to various issues as needed (as it is today)
  • Better UI controls when creating Request Forms

My understanding is that Forms are intended to be used when a certain collection of fields are required in many places. These Forms can be added via Request Forms or added to any existing issues as needed. This is great and useful and I have no issue with it.

Most of the time though, I'm simply using the Form functionality to make my Request Forms pretty. I don't need the extra bloat of seeing the form added in-line when looking at the resulting issues. For this reason, I would like the Request Form UI updated with the advanced interface from Forms. (Also, these should be renamed for better clarity; Request Forms vs Forms is easily confused.)

After the Request Form creation UI is updated, I think it would also be nice to have a section for simple automations that don't require the Automation plugin. It could be very limited. I would simply like to be able to collect data from multiple text fields and combine that into a description, for example. I'm able to do this using Automation based on issue creation, but then it triggers notifications to watchers needlessly.

2 comments

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2022

Hi @Brock Jolet 👋

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing. Are you open to discussing your ideas with the Forms team? 

Peter

Like Brock Jolet likes this
Brock Jolet March 29, 2022
Like Peter Preston likes this
Louise Suggs May 9, 2022

Can the form be embedded into SharePoint Online?

Eryn
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2023

Hi @Brock Jolet 👋 I came across this older post of yours and would love to speak with you as I'm currently recruiting for user research on this. If you're interested, please email me at ecrowl@atlassian.com and we can organise a time. TY!

Like Brock Jolet likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events