cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form appears in Request Type twice

Bin Liang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

I am using the new Form feature Atlassian integrates into JSM Cloud from Proforma form.  I encountered a problem: the fields in the form appears twice in a Request Type on custom portal.  Exactly same fields but font size is different.  Any suggestions to fix it?

I have removed all those fields from the Visible Field section.  So it says "This Request Type has no visible fields."

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bin Liang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2021

I myself found the cause.  I have Proforma installed.  I disabled the add-on.  The form shows once as it should

Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2022

Update 26 May 2022: Migration to native forms will be complete by 7 June 2022

For anyone checking out this post please know that the migration of customers of the ProForma cloud marketplace app to the native Jira forms experience will be completed by 7 June 2022. After this date the issue of duplicate forms can't occur.

For more information on the migration and what this means for ProForma customers please refer to the Migration Questions in the FAQ

@Bin Liang you solved the issue - you can get double up on forms on the request type if the native Forms app was running at the same time as the ProForma marketplace app. 

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how we could make forms better. I am the Product Manager for Forms/ProForma.

Thanks

Bin Liang
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2022

@Simon HerdI have a list of enhancements for Form

1) The date validation should be more dynamic. e.g. date should be a few days after today.

2) Have a setting so the form fields can be configured to be hidden in Agent view by default.  I see the purpose of the Form in the portal have is to gather and populate values for the linked Jira fields.  It can go away after that.  Some of our less-techy agents are confusing that the same fields appear twice in Form and in the actual Jira fields.  Or you do not have Form at all; just make the standard portal page has the field validation, a flexible way to organize fields, hide/unhide sections by conditions, etc.

3) Allowing the Summary field totally go to the Form.  Currently the Summary can only be hidden and need a default value.  The default value of the Summary field actually overwrites the user input value gathered in the Form.  That is weird.

4) I hope the values gathered in the Form are available for Automation rule of Issue Created trigger.  I had to work around this limit when I used Proforma before.  I did not try it on Form yet.

5) I hope there are more built-in controls a) how multiple request types are presented for a JSM project before user clicks a specific request type.  A more of Service Catalog presentation?

I appreciate your reaching out to me for feedback.

Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2022

@Bin Liang thanks so much for this. I've filed your feedback in the Forms Product Discovery Project (if you haven't seen JPD yet it is great).

I can't commit to firm ETAs on what you have suggested but I can make the following comments

1 - Relative date validation: you are not alone in asking for this.

2 - Forms on the issue Thanks this is interesting feedback and very timely. 

3 - Summary Field - Agreed; you will see some changes around this behaviour in the next quarter (or so)

4 - Issue Creation Trigger - This should be fixed with the native implementation, that has just shipped; however, for anyone else who already has the ProForma marketplace app you won't see this change until you are migrated across in March / April (TBC).

5 - Service Catalogue - Changes to the portal are coming. I'll pass this onto the relevant team.

Thanks again

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

Hi @Bin Liang

Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing in the portal?

Since you have a premium plan, I would also suggest you open a ticket with atlassian support directly for a faster response.

Bin Liang
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2021

I have created a support ticket.

Like Fabian Lim likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders