Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force issue properties refresh to update jira issue view?

Luiz-F Ferreira December 10, 2021

Hi all!

I'm using the Salesforce & Jira Connector and stumbled on a few problems, I'll describe the situation the best I can and I hope you guys can help me. :)

Basically what happens is the following:

1. The plugin creates a issue on my Jira project, and this issue has a determined property named "com.servicerocket.jira.cloud.issue.salesforce.associations" that comes properly filled. (Verified through automation for jira. Using the "On Creation" trigger and making a web request to the issue properties using the api rest/api/2/issue/{{issue.key}}/properties/com.servicerocket.jira.cloud.issue.salesforce.associations)

2. After the creation of the issue, despite the content being properly saved on the property, it seems like Jira disconsiders it and shows the Salesforce "Association" list as empty.

3. If I try to associate it, pops up a error "Association already exists", probably during some validation inside the plugin.

4. After some minutes, or even hours, Jira updates the "Association" list with exactly the value that was set during the creation. I would consider it as a "delay" in accepting the property value in jira issue view, maybe?

But how does that affect my workflow?

As soon as the issue is created, there is a "Push" action that sends defined Jira Fields to Salesforce that are used for sharing important data.

When this "delay" in recognizing the properties happen, this "Push" action fails and causes a desync in informations between the 2 systems. The "Push" action happens during some transitions on my workflow, but Jira fails as long as it doesn't properly fill "Associations tab" in the jira issue view.

I can't reproduce it during creation, it happens randomly. I think it happens when my instance is under "heavy" load.

I've been able to reproduce it by filling a empty property in a random Jira Issue.

-------------------------------------------------

So my question in the final of the story is:

Is there any way I can "force" a refresh on the issue properties on the jira issue view through GUI/API/PostFunction?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Lew [ServiceRocket]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 12, 2021

Hi @Luiz-F Ferreira !

Is there any way I can "force" a refresh on the issue properties on the jira issue view through GUI/API/PostFunction?

By reading the description, I think there is a cache in the connector which causing this 'delay' issue. Currently, there is no alternative to force/hard refresh the Jira issue properties or the connector cache as the connector cache will be refreshed every 20-30mins.

Luiz-F Ferreira December 15, 2021

Thank you for the fast reply!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events