Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First settings for help desk

Gui Ávila October 5, 2020

Hello. I am trying to set up Jira Service Desk, and it's not clear to me how to achieve some page layouts and the flow beteween them.

For example, these 2 pages here:

FIRST

1.png

And also this one here:

SECOND

2.png

Are they built with Confluence and then linked to the Service Desk knowledgebase?

Thanks!

Gui.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2020

Hi Gui,

I'm unsure what you are looking for regarding "page layouts". The two images you shared are simply documentation articles about how to setup JSD. The first is dealing with setting up the email channel that will allow your customers to create tickets via email. It is simply talking about how to verify that a 'test' issue via email was in fact created. The second image simply references various articles for managing NG serviced desk projects. Can you help me understand more completely what you are trying to do?

Gui Ávila October 5, 2020

@Jack Brickey This is how an article in my Jira Service Desk looks like: http://prntscr.com/utkxkk

I'm having a hard time to understand how to create a whole "Customer support" look and feel, just like the images in the message above. Whith a proper top bar header, sidebars, menus, etc.

Also, how can I create this sidebar menu, for example http://prntscr.com/utmdwy ?

Thanks.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2020

ah so I think you are talking about Knowledgebase articles and how they appear w/in the portal. Assuming this is the case you really cannot influence that at least OOTB. You will get a basic article not a dynamic web page where one can click-thru to other pages.

Gui Ávila October 6, 2020

@Jack Brickey So how the pages (screenshots I sent in the first message) were built?

I am trying to understand how I shows set things up to work for the users who will navigate through the articles.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2020

Those images were built using Confluence (server specifically I think). If a user is licensed to have access to Confluence they can login and see all of the capabilities it has to offer. However, JSD Customers are not licensed for access to Confluence but rather are given a limited 'portal' view of the resulting page. I may be missing your point/question so please accept my apologies if I am confusing you.

Gui Ávila October 7, 2020

@Jack Brickey I subscribed for both Jira Service Desk and Confluence. My Confluence usage is not only the "basic" access that JSD provides. I also have a subscription for Confluence as well.

I'm kind of lost on how to create this portal the way Atlassian created for itself. Is there a tutorial?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2020

Gui, the pages you show in you image are not a portal at all at least in the JSD sense. You cannot create the Atlassian Support look&feel using JSD. 

Gui Ávila October 9, 2020

@Jack Brickey As far as I understand, JSD creates a help desk enviroment, and Confluence can be used as Knowledge base. Right?

So:

1. How can I create this enviroment? A friendly frontend interface?

2. What should be done to create a frontend interface just like Atlassian Support? I thought that JSD did exactly that. Is there an extra tool that I wasn't aware?

Thanks,

Gui.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2020

I don’t think I am able to help you here TBH. I would suggest you might wish to reach out to an Atlassian Partner in you area and discuss your requirements in detail. This is more of a project than a simple Q&A for Community.

Gui Ávila October 9, 2020

@Jack Brickey JSD is supposed to be a help desk center (with knowledge base) for users (not for internal staff team). Am I right?

If yes, I just need to know how to create this enviroment. That's what I am trying to understand/implement.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events