Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filters for specific project

Sergio M. Gard November 16, 2023

Is it possible to create a filter that allows you to add specific projects manually?

Because I need to create an overview of all the project I am involved in on a board. However not all of these projects are assigned to me directly.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Kopperud
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2023

Hi @Sergio M. Gard, welcome to Atlassian Community. If I understand your question correctly you might create a filter listing all projects needed for your result set by using IN like this:

project IN (projectA, projectB, projectC)

Then you can manually add or remove any project key according to the current involvment. In the Board itself you might seperate them by creating quick filters, or by swimlanes. 

I'm not sure this answers your question though, so if I misunderstood something please provide more information on the exact problem.

TimK.

Sergio M. Gard November 17, 2023

Hello Tim K, 

Is this in basis or JQL. I have tried it in JQL but my input might be wrong?

project IN (MP-1035, MP-1244, MP-506, PCT-8396, PCT-10026, MP-1730)

Tim Kopperud
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2023

Hi @Sergio M. Gard, in e.g. MP-1035 (your first entry) is the project key MP or is it actually MP-1035? I mean are MP-1035 actually an issue key, and not the project key?

If you are actually refering to issue keys in your JQL you will instead need something like this:

key IN (MP-1035, MP-1244, MP-506, PCT-8396, PCT-10026, MP-1730)

This will look for specific issues and not specific project. 

TimK.

Hello Tim,

YEs these are issue, I think these are the keys? Can I find the key / identifier of an issue somewhere? One that works with the filter?

Tim Kopperud
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2023

Hi @Sergio M. Gard , did you try the last JQL I sent in my prevous comment? This should fetch the issues.

Key is the identifyer for the issue, so the issue numbers you are reffering to are the keys. They are the same. 

On every issue you will se the key on the top, like shown here:

image.png

Those works in filters when using "key in" as shown here: 

image.png

TimK.

Yes, I did but it was not working. After a page refresh, it was all good. I appreciate your help!!!

Tim Kopperud
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2023

Hi @Sergio M. Gard, thanks for accepting the answer. I'm glad I could help.

TimK.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events