Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter issue scope - exclude selected object in another custom field of same filter scope

Hannes Vorholz September 28, 2022

Hello together,

i have 2 custom issue fields of type insight pointing to the same object.

let s say 

- Accountable (customfield_1)

- Responsible (customfield_2)

Both are same:

Object schema: Company Info

Filter scope (IQL): Objecttype = "Employee"

My Request Form contains both fields as required.

What i need?

I want to exclude the selected values from the one field in the selectable objects of the other field. (to not getting the same person in the both fields)

I tried to accomplish this using the "Filter issue scope" but had no success yet

e.g. not working is "key != ${customfield_1}"or key != ${customfield_1.key} as the Filter issue scope in Responsible.

what are your thoughts?

regards 

Hannes

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannes Vorholz September 30, 2022

Hello

I opened a case on this and got a valid solution. 

Issue Filter Scope: 

objectId NOT IN ${customfield_11111}

Where customfield_11111 points to the foreign custom field with the same Objecttype.

Why using other attributes is not working was not clarified.

hope this will help others.

Regards 

Hannes

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

Thanks for sharing the solution!

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

Hi @Hannes Vorholz - This is an interesting use case.  May I ask first, why you've split your selection into multiple fields rather than making your first field multi-select?  

As for the issue at hand, it should theoretically work as designed.  I even played with a few variants in my test environment with the same result:

• Name != ${customfield_xxxxx.Name}
  • id != ${customfield_xxxxx.id}
  • key NOT IN (${customfield_xxxxx})

I think you may have stumbled upon a bug where you cannot use the not equal or not in on a Filter Issue Scope.  I would recommend raising it with Atlassian Support to be sure.

Hannes Vorholz September 28, 2022

@Mark Segall Hi Mark, 

>>May I ask first, why you've split your selection into multiple fields rather than making your first field multi-select? << 
When using a multi-select i would never know who is the accountable and who ist the responsible, woudln't I.

Thanks for confirming my confusion. I will open a case and report the outcome here. thanks

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events