cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter data source by AQL in Assets

Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2022

I have an obectType called "Product catalog" and child objectType called "Supported Laptops", Supported Desktops", etc ..

I also have another objectType called "Assets" with child objectType called "Laptops", "Desktops", etc. (those are for the "live assets" deployed).

On my "Laptop" objectType, I have an attribute called "Model" that refers to the "Supported Laptops" objectType.

I created my different objects in "Supported Laptops" (all the models supported)

Now I want to import assets from a CSV file. This file contains a lot of Assets, not all of them being Laptops.

So I try to filter my data source with an AQL.

In my mapping, I configured :

Name -> Name

SerialNumber -> Serial Number

Model -> Model | AQL -> Name=${Model}

But I can't find the correct AQL query to filter all the data in my CSV file. I want the AQL to perform this :

When you import an object, the "Model" attribute must be an object in the "Supported Laptops" objectType

I tried :

Model = "Supported Laptops"

Model IN ("Supported Laptops")

Model IN (objectType = "Supported Laptops")

Nothing works ...

Can someone help me find the AQL query that will solve my problem ??

Thanks !

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

Well I'm gonna answer myself here. :D

I found out that you can't filter your data source on an attribute if this attribute is a referenced object ...

So to bypass this limitation, I had to copy the "Model" in my data source in another attribute called "Model Name" (this a simple text attribute) and then filter my data source using this attribute and listing ALL the supported models ...

"Model Name" IN (list all your models here without a typo ...)

This will be a nightmare to maintain but at least it's working.

But Atlassian ... If you're listening, please add the option to filter by objectType !!

Yaoqi Huang May 18, 2023

I also need this feature. I want to filter objects whose target attribute is null. Is this feature implemented now?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2023

feature is still not delivered. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-7895 

Shubham Tiwari
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 21, 2024

@Frederic Chartrand how did you achieve copying the "Model" to "Model Name". I have imported data from Azure and have a requirement to filter objects at source. The attribute I am trying to copy has multiple values and I'm trying to utilize the Automation but however it does not execute as intended.

Below is the automation flow:

Screenshot 2024-03-22 003604.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events