Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Filter data source by AQL in Assets

I have an obectType called "Product catalog" and child objectType called "Supported Laptops", Supported Desktops", etc ..

I also have another objectType called "Assets" with child objectType called "Laptops", "Desktops", etc. (those are for the "live assets" deployed).

On my "Laptop" objectType, I have an attribute called "Model" that refers to the "Supported Laptops" objectType.

I created my different objects in "Supported Laptops" (all the models supported)

Now I want to import assets from a CSV file. This file contains a lot of Assets, not all of them being Laptops.

So I try to filter my data source with an AQL.

In my mapping, I configured :

Name -> Name

SerialNumber -> Serial Number

Model -> Model | AQL -> Name=${Model}

But I can't find the correct AQL query to filter all the data in my CSV file. I want the AQL to perform this :

When you import an object, the "Model" attribute must be an object in the "Supported Laptops" objectType

I tried :

Model = "Supported Laptops"

Model IN ("Supported Laptops")

Model IN (objectType = "Supported Laptops")

Nothing works ...

Can someone help me find the AQL query that will solve my problem ??

Thanks !

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Well I'm gonna answer myself here. :D

I found out that you can't filter your data source on an attribute if this attribute is a referenced object ...

So to bypass this limitation, I had to copy the "Model" in my data source in another attribute called "Model Name" (this a simple text attribute) and then filter my data source using this attribute and listing ALL the supported models ...

"Model Name" IN (list all your models here without a typo ...)

This will be a nightmare to maintain but at least it's working.

But Atlassian ... If you're listening, please add the option to filter by objectType !!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events