Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter a dashboard with a text field

Cesar Bastos January 11, 2023

Hello, i need some help with dashboard configuration. We need to filter a dashboard with a text field, is that possible?
Actually i can filter with Select List Field, Assignee, but i really need to generate a dash with a Short text field 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

Hi @Cesar Bastos 

Do you mean use a Text Field in a Gadget, like as a Statistic in the Issue Statistics Gadget?

If yes - you can't do this usually. Gadgets need fields with absolute values which it can reference - like a Select List, or a User Picker.

Text Fields are not absolute - they could be any combination of letters, numbers, etc - so cannot be used in this manner.

---

However, if you can tell us specifically what you are trying to achieve, we might be able to suggest an alternative approach :)

Ste

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2023

Hi @Cesar Bastos,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

If you're open to work with a Marketplace app, you can check out Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.

With our app you can add a controller to your Jira dashboard and filter it using a text input field.

You can test this feature on our demo dashboards.

quick-filters-for-jira-dashboards_quick-controller_search-text-input.png 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events