Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter JSM

adithya March 13, 2022

Hi,

How to make a filter on JSM dashboard, that no one else can see..except the assigne ?

i tried to make a filter. but, the other's still can see my task on dashboard.

Best Regards,

Adithya Varianvarian.jpg

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2022

@adithya -

For filter query, you will not be able to do so.  However, you can restrict visibility/discovery of issues by implementing issue security for your project.  Please see Atlassian documentation - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

Using issue security setup, you can control visibility of your tasks (I am assuming issues assigned to you is what you want to lock down).  Once it is setup, users can still use the save filters for dashboards, but if the issues is locked down and he/she is not part of the security level associated with the issues, then they will not see the targeted issues at all.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

adithya March 14, 2022

hi @Joseph Chung Yin ,

thanks for the respon.

so.. each agent have a private view ? if i apply settings like you said.

because, i have 1 custom field called "SITE" and each site have a different agent.

Best Regards,

Adithya Varian

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2022

No, it is not each agent have a private view.  In the issue security setup, you just need to include assignee to the security level.  Don't forget to grant project's Administrator role to each security level.

This means that your agents will access the filter, but each agent can only see the issues that he/she is assigned.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events