Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files attached to the issue won't open

Gustavo Cardoso Ferreira September 20, 2022

Files attached to the issue won't open. Only images attached are able to open, while .pdf, .docx, .xlxs will not open.

The screen becomes dark blue and the file wont open.

Is this a thing happening to all, or is it just happening to my account? The same issue is happening with all of the projects created.

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

@Gustavo Cardoso Ferreira -

This is a strange behavior.  I would recommend you contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for further assistance.  JSM issue attachments should open just fine, unless the attachment itself is corrupted.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Gustavo Cardoso Ferreira September 20, 2022

I'll try to contact them, the file is not corrupted, because I am able to download it just fine.

Thanks for your feedback

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

@Gustavo Cardoso Ferreira -

I just came across this Atlassian Incident announcement - https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/incidents/62n2r30whffq

We are investigating reports of intermittent errors when trying to 
open Attachments (Docs, PDFs, Spreadsheets)
for some Jira Software, Jira Work Management,
and Jira Service Management Cloud customers.
We have identified the root cause and are working on a permanent fix
for the issue. We will provide another update as soon as we finish the permanent fix implementation tests.

Sep 20, 2022 - 18:39 UTC

I believe this is the issue that you are facing...  This issue was fixed by Atlassian.  You should retry your operation again.  If your issue continues, then follow-up with Atlassian Support.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events