Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Field description of a customer ticket through portal Service Desk disapears after moving to another

Edited

Field description of a customer ticket through portal Service Desk dissapears after moving or cloning to another project.

Both projects have the same description field.

1. The client create a ticket in Service Dek Proyect
  2. I move or clone to another project with the same fields (specificaly description is the same), and the type of proyect is the same (Service Desk proyect)
  3. In the client portal dissapears the description

Screenshot of client portal view with description

27x7N14V7K.png

Screenshot from Jira proyect

You see in the left the ticket before move or clone and in the right after move.

screenshot_de_2023-01-23_10-52.png

Screenshot of the portal client view (same in the left before move / clone in the right after move.

screenshot_de_2023-01-23_10-53.png

The description dissapears

I add other screenshot with the fields of the projects where you can see the same type of descrption field.

screenshot_de_2023-01-23_11-08.png

I expect your answer with hope.

Greetings

2 answers

Hi Katarzyna

I respond under your lines. My responses in bold.

I see that also the Priority field disappeared. Can you confirm?

The priority field dissapears too, It's right

Some ideas for investigation:

- When you are on the request details view in the second request, do you see any errors in the developer console? 

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png

- Are they both company-managed projects?

Yes

- Can you try to do the same but with a very simple Description like "TEST"?

Yes in the screenshots before you have (form one to five is the process, the rest is more details)

- Do you use any apps?

No, all by web

Thanks for the quickly response.

Regards from Spain

Thank you for responses! 

According to apps, I'm asking about some addons to Jira that you can install from Marketplace. You can check them by clicking on the cog icon in the right top > Apps > Manage apps. They can sometimes interfere with Jira functionalities.

I'm going to reproduce this bug. If everything is correct in my instance, I'll pass this question to our Community Leaders channels. Maybe someone will have some idea of what is wrong.

I'm analyzing your screens and I see one difference. Are you sure that you're checking a right issue? The request types are different:

Field_description_of_a_customer_ticket_through_por___.png

Excuse me, my mistake.

We have tried several ways, I may have taken the wrong photo, but the fact is that whatever type of ticket you choose, it always fails.
I add capture with the correct photos above.

Thanks

Ok, thank you for clarification.

Everything works when I'm testing it on my instance, cloning and moving issues.

1. I noticed that moving issues doesn't affect the Request type field. I see that is a feature request for it: JSDCLOUD-3613. Did you try to go to the issue view and click in and out for these fields?

2. Another idea: can you put a default value to the Description field in the request form configuration? Weird but maybe it helps 🤷‍♀️

I also found another bug about moving tickets, so it looks like a tricky topic: JSDCLOUD-11657.

3. When you go to the request page, do you see these values in the table? The Description field is not available but you can check the Priority field which also disappeared from your view.

4. And please check if any apps are installed on your instances - they can also be a reason of some problems.

Hi Katarzyna.

1. It does not apply to us, it has nothing to do with our problem.

2. We have tried and it is still the same, regarding the topic that you mention, it has nothing to do with our problem either.

3. The priority field does not affect all this, it is normal that it does not appear. What matters to us is the description.

4. We don't have any app installed.

Finally, we have carried out the same test with 2 Service Desks A and B with the exact same configuration and with the same description fields, when moving from A to B the field disappears.

But all this, to be clear, from the point of view of the client from the PORTAL (not from JDS). Our client can't see the description when we move the tickets, it's a big problem.

Best regards

Also...
From the last test mentioned in the previous comment, we have detected another failure that may have something to do with it.
When moving the ticket between the two, what is described above happens, the description disappears... but the type of the ticket also changes. Switch from Error to Support
Before, I thought it was my mistake that I confused the two tickets, but no, that's what happens, it changes by itself and I repeat, the two projects in this test are exactly equals.

screenshot_de_2023-01-24_12-38.png

thanks

Any updates, Katarzyna?

Excuse me, but my client awaits

Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce this bug. I'll publish this post on the Community leaders' Slack. Maybe someone can help.

Hello Katarzyna

Thank you very much, we will be attentive to the post in case you need more details.

Regards.

Hi @jesus_hurtado 

What do you mean by exactly equal?

Switch from Error to Support
Before, I thought it was my mistake that I confused the two tickets, but no, that's what happens, it changes by itself and I repeat, the two projects in this test are exactly equals

Do they share the same configuration schemes? Do they have the same request types and are these request types associated with the corresponding issue types? It's really strange that you move an issue (issue type) and this issue type is associated with another request type. Most likely this issue type is associated to more that one request types.

When you move issues manually you:

• Select the project
  • Select the issue type
  • Map the statuses
  • Update fields (in case they have different contexts)
  • Confirm the changes

When all the above happens the issue is moved to the new project and the request type is left blank. If you see a value there, then most likely there is an automation somewhere that's get triggered. So let's solve this thing first:

Can you paste the "moved" issue history here? I really want to see how the request type is getting populated.

Hi,

I see that also the Priority field disappeared. Can you confirm?

Some ideas for investigation:

- When you are on the request details view in the second request, do you see any errors in the developer console? 

- Are they both company-managed projects?

- Can you try to do the same but with a very simple Description like "TEST"?

- Do you use any apps?

I would like to reproduce this situation in my instance.

Best regards,

Kate

@jesus_hurtado 

I have manage to reproduce your problem:

1. Open an issue on your service management project
  2. Move the issue to the new project
  3. View the issue immediately on the portal before making any other changes

The description will not be visible. This is due to the fact that your moved issue type doesn't have any request type. This is the same that @Katarzyna Pawlak _Appsvio_ told you to one of her replies. Once you choose a request type the description will be there!

Hello, @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

I know it may sound unbelievable, but that's how it happens.

We have recorded a video where you can see the complete process.

1 ticket description disappears after moving it
2 change only type to support

All this only from the view of the portal client

evidence video 

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events