“Field Value Changed” trigger enhanced to support “Change type” in A4J

Makarand Gomashe
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2022

Hi Everyone,

I would like to inform you that we have updated the "Field Value Changed" trigger in A4J (automation) to listen and understand different types of changes: Value added, value deleted, any changes to the field. One of these types can be selected as filter when adding this trigger to an automation rule. Now automation rules can differentiate different change types. For example, rules can now be triggered when an Organization or a Participant is added to an issue.

Read more:

Thanks,
Makarand Gomashe
Product Manager, JSM

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 12.37.37 PM.png

4 comments

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2022

@Makarand Gomashe -

Excellent news.  Do you know if this new functionality is also available for Data Center installation?

Best, Joseph

David Brown April 18, 2022

When I use "Value deleted" the automation triggers if I delete a value. But it also triggers if I change the value. I assume that's because, behind the scenes, it is deleting and then adding the value when I make a change.

Is it possible to have this trigger only when a value is truly deleted and not simply changed?

Cory Tsang June 22, 2022

I'm seeing the same problem. Stakeholders requested I add a comment when reopening, but we're seeing a lot of false positives when the field value changes.

Jason Prinsen August 22, 2022

I'm seeing the same thing as of 8/22/2022

When I have the change type (Value added) it will update on the initial add of the value but it will ALSO update when the value is updated/changed. This is undesirable and I'm guessing a bug.

Just confirming that it is still an issue

Eric Bergeron May 30, 2022

I have an automation(1) rule that is triggered by any changes made to a custom field "B" (single choice list) to modify field Due Date (which works), but when a seperate automation(2) that changes custom field "B" runs, the Automation1 does not trigger (no Audit log). 

Should automations pickup modifications done by another automation? Are changes recognized on single choice lists?

Felix Haverkamp June 7, 2022

you can activate "this rule can be triggered by other automation rules" in the detail of the rule

Like Joseph Chung Yin likes this
Eric Bergeron June 7, 2022

RIGHT! Thanks Felix.

janez hribar April 13, 2023

Problem: my field changed rule fires perfectly fine, modifying an other issue field value - however the change is not reflected on UI. A workaround is to close issue detail and reopen the issue again.  

Is there any idea how to make sure UI is refreshed with changed value?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events