Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Descriptions

Kerri Simpson December 8, 2020

Hi Guys, Just wondering if the field descriptions that show in the portal forms can be added or shown in the Service Desk view?

Portal Form View

image.png

Service Desk View

image.png

As you can see from the screenshots Descriptions are not pulled through. I have checked all the usual places and everything looks ok. Is this just how JIRA works?

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

Hello Kerri,

The descriptions you see in the the Service Desk view and the Portal view are 2 different descriptions :

The portal one can be set from Project Settings => Request types

The Service Management one is set from the Jira Issue Settings => Custom Fields => Your custom field. A modification in this one will impact all projects that use this custom field.

Let me know if it helped,

Guilhem

Kerri Simpson December 9, 2020

Hi Thanks for that, I have checked the settings and this is how it looks in settings

image.png

but doesnt pull thru into the SD view

image.png

Thanks

Kerri Simpson January 18, 2021

Anyone got any ideas if this is feasible?

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

Hello @Kerri Simpson ,

If you want this description to appear in your customer portal, you have to also add it it in you Project Settings => Request Type, then edit each request forms you want it to appear in (in the Field help) :

Capture d’écran 2021-01-20 à 16.10.54.png

Kerri Simpson January 20, 2021

Hi Guilhem,

The Description is there in request settings but wont pull through to the SD

Capture1.JPG

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2021

Hi Kerri,

This is not normal at all, it should work then.

I'm afraid you won't have much more choice but to raise an issue to the Atlassian Support and see what they can do on their side :/ 

The Atlassian Support for Jira Software : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/

Kerri Simpson February 1, 2021

Cheers @Guilhem Dupuy will do

Like Guilhem Dupuy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders