Field Configurations - Hiding Fields - Quality Of Life

Alan C July 1, 2021

It would be really nice to have a bulk operation 'hide' available when setting up field configurations.  The current 'click > reload' for each field seems a bit OTT. 

5 comments

Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Hi @Alan C , but to hide it's just hide the desire field on field configuration. The field still on bulk screen but not on your work screens

Alan C July 1, 2021

Apologies, I was concerned I might not have been clear enough. 

So currently: 
Go to Project settings > view field configuration > click 'hide' on each you want to hide > the window then does a little refresh, and you repeat with each field you want to hide. 

What I'm suggesting is: 
View field configuration > each field has a checkbox next to it > click the checkboxes of all the fields you want to hide > click a hide button finally > all hidden at once.  

Just seems like it would be much more user friendly and time efficient. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

I am not following. However if you wanna make a feature suggestion I recommend using the feedback link within the application.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

Seems reasonable. TBH, I rarely am hiding fields and if so it is usually a single field. But I certainly prefer a multi-select approach in most cases.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

I seem to remember there is an open improvement that suggests something like this - it's been around since before Cloud, so I suspect it would have been reproduced from the original server request to the Cloud improvement set.

From memory, the request was to change the "click once, refresh" to "fields we can set through the whole scheme and a save-changes button" - more like the Confluence space permissions settings.

Alan C July 6, 2021

I realised I haven't chosen an accepted answer for this one. 
My post was more opinion based, I guess.  I'll be sure to raise this appropriately as a suggestion if it doesn't already exist on a request ticket.  

Thank you very much for your input folks, have a great week. 

Drew March 8, 2022

I ran into a situation where I had to do this for 360+ fields. The solution I came up with is to create a template field configuration with all of the fields hidden, then copy it and show the fields I'd like for that particular configuration. Not ideal, and there may be a better way, but as of right now this is the best way that I've found to do it

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events