Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External User for Service Management Project - no invite mail being sent

webservices April 15, 2021

I have a service management project and I am trying to add an external. I go on to the 'Add customers' section / enter the email address and it says the user has been added in fact the user was on here previously but says they lost access.

When I add them back in it finds the issues that they previously raised but the user is still saying they have no access ??

1 answer

0 votes
Prasad Shiraskar April 15, 2021

Hello,

I have been through this same issue many times. 

1. If you want the user to receive the invite email and if you're using JSM cloud... go to Project Settings >> Customer Notification >> Enable the "Customer Invited" notification. Please see the screenshot.
Enable Customer Invite.png

2. You can set a password for the user under Portal Customers. Go to User Management >> Jira Service Management >> Search for the user >> Click 3 dots and Change Password >> Set the password. Provide the same password to the user. Ask him to go to the servicedesk portal (https://<yourcompany>.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/) enter email address and the password you set. See the screenshot. You can also verify here if the user has logged in or not.Portal Users.png

Let me know if that helps. If it does... please accept this answer

- Prasad S.

webservices April 16, 2021

Hi thanks for the reply but the - Enable the "Customer Invited" notification - was already enabled so its not that.

As stated the customer did have access then they went to login and were denied since then I cannot get access for them to work.

Any ideas ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events