Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Jira Issues into Word Templates

Michelle Patricia Quinn May 16, 2023

We just started using Jira for my team and we need to produce reports in Word in formats/styles that have already been approved by our customer. I have tried several different things within both Jira and Confluence but the only thing that I could see would be to have an Add On like BigTemplate or Xporter. Is there a way to do this without purchasing the add ons?

1 answer

1 vote
Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Michelle Patricia Quinn welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

You'll have to be a bit more specific about this: "produce reports in Word in formats/styles that have already been approved by our customer."

What kind of formats are we talking about here? 

Currently JSM supports exporting of reports to CSV, out of the box. 

You could of course use the data in those CSVs to generate your own reports in Word as you see fit with any format or style, it will just take a bit of tinkering. 

KR, 

Ash

Michelle Patricia Quinn May 16, 2023

They are word documents with specific formatting and styles built in. We do re-create every time but we always use the same exact formatting. We're currently using a workflow management system that was built in excel. There's a script that exports the tasks into the word formats. I have played with the Jira out of the box options but it would have to be manually built into the formats we have instead of making simple edits as we do now. 

Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

Hey @Michelle Patricia Quinn 

I think in that case you might have to look at Add-ons as the exporting of report data is quite limited in JSM Cloud as you've probably noticed. 

From your original question, I see you've already tried or heard of Xporter. 

I've found it to be quite good in the past personally. 

(Not affiliated with them in any way, just a user of their product :) 

KR, 

Ash

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events