cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding Request Types from "Cloned" projects

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2024

I routinely use the "Share settings with an existing project" to create new project. I encourage my clients to create "template" projects that meet their specific business needs rather than using the available templates from Atlassian. This is because when you use an Atlassian-supplied template, it creates an entire new set of schemes and objects (e.g., workflows, screens, etc) that are identical to all of the projects of the same template. This contradicts the goal of reuse and standardization. 

The problem I have run into and would like Atlassian to consider fixing is that when I clone a Service Management project, I may not want to clone the Request Types, which tend to be specific to each project. I would like to see an option to allow me to exclude the Request Types from the new project. 

Any thoughts about this?

1 comment

It certainly is annoying to have to go delete the Request Types every time we do this "best practice".   It would nice to be able avoid this, but on the other hand it borders on "first world problem".

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events