Exalate Sync Status field

Ola Carlander November 19, 2021

Hi, 

We are using Exalate to sync issues between our JSM and on prem JS server. In combination we are also using some of our own development to access data using the REST API (rest/api/2/issue/issueXX and createmeta, /rest/api/2/issue/createmeta?projectIds=ProjectXX&issuetypeNames=Support&expand=projects.issuetypes.fields). 

I would like to access the fields out to the right in our JS environment, like Zendesk support (that we are phasing out) and the Sync Status that I think Exalate has added for us. 

These fields do not show up when I am executing the rest call for info on the Issue, nor do I think I can find the using the createmeta rest function. What sorcery are these fields? Is there a way I can access them using REST (they do not seem to be visible when I go in and edit the screens either). Any help much apprecieated

SyncStatus.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 20, 2021

Hi @Ola Carlander 

The exalate sync status is reported by a web panel and is not part of the issue.
What is your use case?

Francis
ps - I'm part of the exalate team

Ola Carlander November 21, 2021

Hi @francis , Thanks for replying. 

And that helps me understand the situation a bit better. 

Our use case is that we have our own product that can serve as a integration plattform so we tend to use it for that with our own internal systems to sync data between our ERP (IFS) and other systems. And we like Exalate since it provides a pretty good UI when linking to an issue between JSM and JS. We can probably do it with our product and automations and likned issues, but feels unnecessary to re invent a worse version of the same wheel. But I fear we might not come all the way if we cannot access all fields (well, web panels). 

I'll read up on the web panels, thanks for the link!

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 21, 2021

:headscratch:

I don't understand the use case - but I think you will be fine.
Is your integration platform a commercial product?

Ola Carlander November 21, 2021

Yes, it is a commersial product

It is not an integration platform per se but rather a BPM, similar to Microsoft Flow perhaps. We can run the workflows in machine mode though, acting as an integration plattform, almost. 

Ok so can I reach the data inside of the web panel using REST, or lets say using Postman? For each case in JSM I would need to se if there is a linked issue, and then grab data about that issue as well. Since (correct me if I am wrong), Exalate does not create a JSM standard linked issue but using this we panel instead? 

Thanks

Like Nick Pan likes this
francis
Marketplace Partner
November 21, 2021

The panel is a representation of the data maintained by the app.

There are a couple of rest api's accessible
Check https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/Using+REST+API+for+monitoring+purposes

Hope this helps

Ola Carlander November 22, 2021

Thank you, I haven't created a ticket to you guys yet, but just to see if I understand the documentation right, will I be able to query an issue id and get the data that is in the web panel for that case? It does seem as if I only would get the number of errors? 

{"numErrors":0}

francis
Marketplace Partner
November 22, 2021

You can access this information when Exalate is deployed on premise.
On exalate cloud - the only rest api available is the one to monitor the number of outstanding errors.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events