Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while parsing additional fields. Not valid JSON. when adding a simple code comment line

Diogo Rodrigues March 22, 2023

Everytime I try to add a code comment with // or */ .....*/ I got: 

Error while parsing additional fields. Not valid JSON.

Anyone knows how to add comments here?

In automation I'm edditing issue fields in advanced mode to add approvers automatically.

Since this must be done with accounID I would like to add a comment with the name of the user to be easier.

{
"update": {
"customfield_10000": [

// AccountID: 123192839018904 -- Username: Diogo

{
"add": { "accountId": "123192839018904"}
}
]
}
}

2 answers

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

@Diogo Rodrigues 

The approver field is a user picker field. It only accepts user ids and not any other sort of data. What you can do is to add the approver with his/her account id, and then comment on the issue to mention him as well.

I just want to comment my code in automation, no need to make it visible in the ticket.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

You can't comment on your code. You can log it in your automation using the "Log" component, but nothing else.

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

Hi @Diogo Rodrigues 

As Json is data only input, comments are not possible.

Could you detail the information in the rule description instead?

is quite odd I cannot comment my code. 
Is not a pretty solution but definetly an option if nothing else exists.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

The json is not a code but input to the end point.

You could also log the details to the audit log using https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-actions/#Log-action 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events