Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: inactive user

Soporte Itera October 25, 2023

Hi team,

I need your support.

Create an automation rule, where I extract a user's email and put it inside the "approvers" field.

Indeed the rule works but when assigning the user within this email the error "inactive user" appears but I have checked and even though the user has a client license or agent license, the error continues to appear.

Below I attach screenshots of the rule and the error.

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2023

Hi @Soporte Itera 

First check this assinable issue permission and assign issue permission

• does your user that is the role actor have the permission to assign issues ?
  • does your user have the permission to get assigned?

And for the reporter field follow the below link 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automation-for-jira-identifies-user-as-inactive-when-using-initiator-displayname-smartvalue-1277427884.html

Hope it helps

Thanks

Soporte Itera October 26, 2023

I already reviewed the permissions issue, this is an assignable user and has permission to transition, however, the user must only have a client license in Jira service management.

I did the test and it still generates the inactive user error.

AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2023

@Soporte Itera  

In that case you need to check with the site admin, where in admin access you need to check in Portal-Only customers to see if customer is inactive there.

image.png

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events