Error for Systems 'Custom Request Type'-field. Cannot set preset value?

Karl van Santen November 30, 2022

Hi all, 

We are using Service Management project for almost a year, but we encountering an error that I cannot resolve and now also cannot update my request type. 

We are seeing this error when loading a settings page of the servicemanagement project:

Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-30 om 15.08.43.png

On the details screen we see that the customer request type is causing the issue. 

Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-30 om 15.09.22.png

Also on the request type screen to edit the fields we see a error with that field. But we cannot change anything to get rid of the error. Also there is not a preset value for this field to be set:

Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-30 om 15.27.13.pngScherm­afbeelding 2022-11-30 om 15.27.06.png

Also I searched the custom field in settings, but cannot set a default value for it. 

Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-30 om 15.25.37.png

So, I'm out of options. The system needs this field, but doesnt let me set the default/preset value. 

Please help!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Hi @Karl van Santen ,

I'm puzzled as to why you have Customer request type field on the form? I don't believe this is what you want. Can you remove?

Hi @Jack Brickey ,

Thanks, but no. The customer request type is a system field and cannot be removed. As you can see in one of the screenshots that the 'remove' button is disabeld. I also wouldn't expect the field to show up on the form. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

I'm trying to understand how the CRT was added to the request type form. The CRT is already defined by the Request type itself. So having it on the form within the RT itself is redundant and problematic. I assume this problem only exist on a single request type? Can you check other request types for the appearance of the CRT within the form? I'm missing something here and need to figure it out.

Well, I'm having 9 request types. And they all have this issue with this CRT being on the form. 

I'm not sure what you mean by 'single request type'.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2022

Ok so do this if you will. Drag the CRT to the sidebar on the right.

this should address your issue.

No, I cannot drag it to the sidebar. Below you see a screenshot of it. 

IMG_1849.jpg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2022

ok. what admin level are you? I wonder if you are a project admin and the associated screen scheme is shared with other projects. Can you look at the screen associated with the issuetype associated with the Maintenance Task request type? I suspect that the Request type field has been added to the screen and then added to the form. As an Org admin I can add to the screen then add/remove from the form. I also note that your image shows that the required box is checked. This is what ultimately is causing the misconfiguration. Do you have a hidden field that is required without a default value set. And as you noted you cannot set a default for it. So the solution is to get it off of your for all together. Now we just have to figure out how to make that happen. If you or not an organization admin you might want to reach out to this individual to discuss what you are experiencing.

Like Joseph Chung Yin likes this
Karl van Santen March 6, 2023

Hi @Jack Brickey, I had some time again to dive into it. 

1. What admin level are you? I'm an Org admin, so I can adjust anything I need.

2. I can add or remove the field from the associated screen, but this does not help to remove the field or set a default value. Also, I cannot uncheck the required box. see screenshots below.

3. It says that the field is added by Jira Service Management. 

I'm really out of options here.

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-03-06 om 13.39.01.png

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-03-06 om 13.36.26.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders