cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error adding comment to issue

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2023

Hi all,

I got a Jira automation to track the approval of a change request. The automation is triggered manually by a logged-in user. The action is like this....

{{#issue.Approvals}}
  {{#approvers}}
     Name: {{approver.displayName}}
    Action: {{approverDecision}} \\
  {{/}}
{{/}}

And comment visibility is set to Share with customer (i.e., not Internal only).

If I run the automation myself, I got a successful result and Comment field is updated

But some users will get an error (if a check in the automation Audit log), of...

Action details:
Manual trigger
The user Xxxxx Xxxxxx triggered the rule
Comment on issue
Error adding comment to issue
Comment body can not be empty! (comment)

Any suggestion as to how I could fix this error?

Cheers,

1 answer

0 votes
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Zaldy Parian ,

Can you check in the projects permission scheme if the user has the permission to add comments to tickets. 

Best regards,

Kris

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Kris Dewachter ,

Thanks for your reply. Any logged-in user is set up to add comment manually in the project permission scheme. But I'll do some testing and tweaking on the permission and see if it helps.

Cheers,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events