cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: The user to run automation rules is misconfigured

Julie Rose June 12, 2018

I am receiving the error 

The user to run automation rules is misconfigured

and wanting me to select an new default event user.

But I can see nothing that has changed.

Welcome any thoughts - thank you

2 answers

1 vote
CAO Ngoc Tan February 15, 2021

Hi,

You can find the answer/solution in the link below, type you name or other user availble in the field then it works.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Automation-error-msg-The-selected-default-user-is-not-able-to/qaq-p/817995#U1613446

1 vote
joshloe
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2018

Julie,

Are you given the option of selecting any other users or is the field blank?  The user that is set for automation, can you check and make sure that they have application access to Service Desk?  You might also want to check permissions on the Service Desk project to make sure that the user is configured as a Service Desk agent.  Without looking at your permissions or instance directly, that would be my first suggestions.

Thanks Julie,

Josh Loe

Dmitrii Sapelkin October 12, 2020

I have the same problem. It shows me an option to select a user, but the drop-down list is empty. I tried to understand what permissions to set for the user, but couldn't figure out. Can you please instruct? The default user already has administrator permissions

Also, it just started showing this error today, without any changes to the project settings

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events