JIRA System Settings / Info
I can not create a new Access / Role within my project. Each time I try to create a new Access / Role, I receive a pop-up dialog box which states; “Error Something went wrong.”
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Navigate to the project.
2. Click on the Project Settings option (in the far left menu for the project).
3. Click on the Access option (in the far left menu of the project).
4. When the Access page is displayed, click on the Manage Roles button in the upper right side of the page.
5. When the Manage Roles box is displayed, click on the Duplicate Roll icon on the far right side of the Members role.
6. When the Duplicate Roll box appears, you can leave the Role Name the same (which is Member Copy) or you can change it to anything else you want.
7. Next you can change any of the permissions in it or just leave the permissions the same.
8. Click on the blue Create button at the bottom of the box.
Nothing is created, the Duplicate Roll box stays active on the screen and an error dialog box slides out from the bottom left side of the page which states; “Error Something went wrong”.
NOTE: I have checked the Audit Log, under [ JIRA Settings / System / Audit Log ]. It does not look like any errors at all are ever logged at this location. And since this is a Cloud version, I can't do what I may be used to which is to open the Apache / Tomcat logs and look for errors in them.
The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events