Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epics no longer showing in JSM?

Michelle May 24, 2023

I use epics to connect JSM tickets to ticket in jira software.  This has never been a problem until the recent epic upgrade. Does anyone know why my one epic is not showing up in JSM?  There is 9 others one in the project that show up just fine but this one doesn't?  

I do have to saw we had this epic before the upgrade and it disappeared after the upgrade and I added it back but now it won't show up in JSM?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi Michelle,

What do you mean by it won't show up? How did you create the Epic in JSM? Where are you expecting to see the Epic that it is not showing up? 

Michelle May 25, 2023

Hi, 

I didn't create the epic in JSM. I have created the epic in a project in jira software and use the epic field on the individual tickets in JSM.  I have 10 epics in the jira project that we use in JSM. 9 of the epics can be used in the epic field and 1 is not.  I am just trying to figure out why the 1 isn't coming through. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Is the 1 Epic marked Done or otherwise resolved? Is it on a project that you can see other Epics on the project? Do you have Browse Projects permission on the project for the Epic that is not seen? 

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

@Michelle -

Can you provide more clarification on your ask?  Traditionally, Epic should not be used in JSM, but of course you have a different special usage.

What do you mean by there are 9 others in the project showing up?  Are you saying it is the JSM project or your Jira software projects?  Lastly, why you are using Epics to connect JSM tickets to Jira software tickets.  Jira software tickets/JSM issue tickets can be connected via issue link.

Please advise more, so we can assist you further.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Michelle May 24, 2023

Hi, 

I have 10 epics in a jira software project that we use to classify different types of tickets in both jira softwre and JSM.  So that when we have a certain issue come up we click on the epic and can review all ticket with this specific problem over both projects..  Now out of these 10 epics 9 carry over to JSM and we can find them when searching epic. But for some reason there is 1 that we can't find. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2023

@Michelle -

Have you compare the missing Epic with other Epics to see if there are any differences?

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events