Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling unknown external users to make requests via a service desk portal

Shaun McGuire April 4, 2024

I have a use case where I need to enable external users (who we will NOT know who they are ahead of time) to create requests for assistance in a Jira service desk portal. These requests will ask for a couple of pieces of information, but primarily be used to upload attachments (i.e. video files).

I also have other Service Desk projects that I do NOT want the external users to see or enter requests for.

Is this possible?

What is the actual flow of a "new" external user going to Jira service desk portal and has NOT been previously added as a customer, not has their email domain - this will all me random and unknown?

1 answer

0 votes
Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

Hi @Shaun McGuire 

Do you want Anonymous Tickets? Or do you want the "External user" Automatically added as a customer so that they can manage their own tickets?

What is the use case you're trying to achieve since the initial line doesn't quite grant us a lot of info.

Perhaps you can mention the below info please:

* What information will u take from the external users?

* Will the above created ticket need thr identity of the user who created them?

Shaun McGuire April 17, 2024

Anonymous might work. I don't want to fill up by atlassian user list with a bunch of random people. This service request is to upload data files and that's it. The external user goes to the portal, fills out a request, adds data files to upload, and submits. Nothing else is needed from Jira after that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events