cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable new ITSM template for existing Jira SM project

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

When rebranding Jira SD to Jira Service Management, a new ITSM template became available.

When creating a new Jira SM project using this template, you get a couple of additional features, e.g. Opsgenie integration out of the box etc.

How can I switch my existing Jira SM project to the ITSM template?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

You cannot convert a project to a different template. You can reconfigure it to achieve the workflow desired.

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey

Thanks for your quick response.

It's not about the workflows. It's about the features. When you create a new project with ITSM template, your navigation bar looks like this:

new itsm_template.png

The other / old Jira SM templates still look like this:

old jira sm template.png

How can I convert a Jira SM project in a Jira SM project with new ITSM features.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

AFAIK you cannot. The only thing I could offer is to create a new project and move your issues to the new project. However, feel free to contact Atlassian Support first to confirm.

Like Martin Boehme likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events