cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Atlassian ChatOps to use with Teams

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2023

Hello,

I'd like to request some help, I want to enable Atlassian ChatOps with Teams, but in 2 of my projects, there is no option for Incidents.

No option to open incident management in Project settings.

There are 2 projects I need to specifically add this to.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2023

Just an FYI for anyone who might need this

This is now resolved, I went into Project settings>Features> Enabled Service management, now I can use ChatOps in Jira and create Teams meetings in Incidents.

Nabih El Boustani January 24, 2023

Hi @Mihir Ruparelia

Are you able to create chats as well as Meetings ?

It seems I'm not able to add participants even though participants are added to the issue. And chats need at least 2 participants in order to be created. 

I'm not sure if this is a bug but I only can create meetings and then add people to the meeting.

Thanks for your feedback

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2023

@Nabih El Boustani I haven't looked at the chat functionality, but when I looked at the settings for Incident management communications preferences, it uses Slack not Teams. 

Have you connected Atlassian ChatOps to your Teams environment as an app?

Nabih El Boustani January 25, 2023

@Mihir Ruparelia Yes it is connected to the Teams environment and I'm able to create the meeting from Jira side but I can't add participant from Jira.

I need to create a meeting and then add participants in the teams meeting.

As it is not possible for me to add participants when creating the meeting or the chat, I can not create a Chat as it needs at least 2 people. 

Thank you

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2023

Do you have a screenshot of the page? This is what I see when creating a meeting. I can add multiple participants at the bottom. 

jira chat .pngScreenshot 2023-01-25 094830.png

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

@Mihir Ruparelia -

Take look at the following Atlassian article - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/connect-microsoft-teams-to-your-service-project/

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2023

incident management.png

Image of where I should see incidents I also can't see it in project settings. How do I enable it?

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2023

@Joseph Chung Yin I've enabled ChatOps however I cannot enable it in Jira because my service project does not have "Incident Management" in the Project settings. 

That is the issue I don't know how to add the Incident options This refers to this section of the article:

Enable or disable Microsoft Teams for your project
You need to be the project admin to enable or disable Microsoft Teams for a project.

From the navigation on the left, select Project settings > Incident management.

Under Communication preferences, switch on or off the Microsoft Teams option.

Once you’ve enabled Microsoft Teams for a project, you can create chats and meetings for incidents. Learn how to create Microsoft Teams chat or meeting for an incident.

If disabled, you’ll no longer be able to create chats and meetings for incidents in that project. You can switch it back on at anytime to resume creating Microsoft Teams chats and meetings from Jira Service Management.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events