Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed in a local deployed app, authenticate, and Create/Update/Comment on Issues

Deleted user September 21, 2022

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to have an Atlassian user's JSM (portal only access) requests be created - likely via email channel first with their order - , and then display that newly created order request inside our program. Essentially they never need to leave our installed program. I'm having a hard time figuring out a solution. Our users should not need to generate their own tokens which we'd need to then collect and store in our permissions DB one by one against their email (as far as I understand it) to populate their auth in our program. - note: users will be logging into our installed program using AAD SSO if that helps a solution.

So far I understand we could use API token to achieve; but to generate this token for each user and store this in a permissions DB to be pulled when the user launches the program and match it against their log in email for the program (as their AAD email will match their atlassian account, and effectively become self authenticating). It would be a nightmare to manage; especially seeing as it may expire after 1 year and need to be done all over again for over 600 users.

This is not a browser based program either -

Does anyone have any knowledge of running Jira Cloud API tokens for authenticating users inside a locally developed program? I want users to be able to have their project/order created inside this program, then it fires to Jira Service Management and creates an issue, which they see in the program as a portal user, and can add comments, see its progress etc.

- at least a way to embed the requests list into the program and they can just log into a little embed window instead to do this?

Thanks for the help hopefully this makes some realm of sense!

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user September 21, 2022

Thought:

If we used Atlassian Access, that would replace the need for an API token?

As the program would already have the uname:AADtoken to authenticate with the cloud on hand?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events