Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails with attachment not creating issue in service desk

ServiceDesk Things_io November 2, 2020

hi,

mails with attachments not creating issues on service desk.when check email logs failed status with " There was an error reading the body of email message" message.

how can i solve this issue?export.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2020

Hello @ServiceDesk Things_io,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Checking the logs of your site, I was able to find errors to process emails on November 2, but it doesn't show the cause.

Some errors are:

"message":"Failed to process message with ID 1XX"

"message":"Transient error while processing emails"

"message":"Email processing failed for handler sd.jsm.email.handler.name, httpStatusCode 500"

Is it happening with all incoming emails or only when it's a specific sender?

Are you using a custom email? If so, can you check if the same issue happens when sending an email to the default one?

When did this issue start? 

Is it happening when sending any type of attachment or only specific ones?

Regards,
Angélica

ServiceDesk Things_io November 5, 2020

i think it's issue on attachments file type. tested with different types and it's worked. thank you for your support. 

Regards

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2020

Hello, 

Is it possible that the attachment exceeds 10MB? Currently if the attachment exceeds 10MB limit the issue isn't created. 

It is something that we are evaluating, please head over to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5999 and vote/feedback.

Cheers, 

Ben.

ServiceDesk Things_io November 3, 2020

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your response. Are there any specific file formats that doesn't support JIRA service desk? (For example *.crt , *.pem , *.cer) 

Regards.

Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2020

Hey again, 

Not that I am aware of, I have just conducted a test on my end with the 3 file types you mentioned and they are all passing through email into the ticket.

I hope that helps

Cheers, 

Ben.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders