Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails being forwared from shared mailbox sometimes not creating Jira ticket in the JSM project.

Jacob Eriksson May 16, 2023

Hi

We have a mailbox with email forwarding to the project e-mail. This has been working for a long time with no issues, but sometimes the email is not creating a ticket in the Jira JSM project, even though I can see in the Exchange log files that the email is delivered. When manually sending it again the ticket is created. Now for the last week or so we are experiencing that this is happening more often also unfortunately. 

Any thoughts? 

2 answers

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

@Jacob Eriksson 

Have you looked at the Jira Service Management email logs (Products > Jira Service Management > Email Requests - Then view the log of the email address)  You should be able to see why it was not processed here.  

Jacob Eriksson May 16, 2023

I checked now and It seems the Jira Email Handler is rejecting the emails not creating tickets for some reason. It's doesn't state exactly why... When I send the email again the ticket is created.

image.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

@Jacob Eriksson From the screenshot it looks like the forwarded email from an issue that was already created.  Is that the case?

0 votes
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2023

Hi @Jacob Eriksson 

I can advise you to use Email&Tasks: Jira Cloud for Gmail add-on. My team created it.

Therefore, if you have problems with automatic email forwarding in a task again, this app will help you convert emails to Jira issues.

Here is a 30-day trial for you. For teams of up to 10 users add-on is free.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events