Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailed requests

Vishnu February 14, 2023

Hi everyone,

We have 2 projects with different email addresses to receive email requests. If a customer sends a single email by adding both the project email addresses in To list, will Jira create the tickets in respective projects or will it throw an error?

I'm getting this error when the customer sends an email with 2 emails addresses mentioned in To list

Screenshot 2023-02-13 224825.png

Any thoughts as to why I'm getting this error or any inputs to fix this. Your answers will be of very great help to me.

Many thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2023

That's a difficult one.

In theory, what should happen in the background is that two email inboxes get a copy of the email, the two different Jira email handlers are reading two different places, so they only see one, and you should get two requests created, one in each project.

Question though -- what is the subject of the emails being sent?  Are they new emails, like "Hi, I need a new laptop" or are they responding to existing requests, like "Re: ABC-123: Hi, I need a new laptop"?

Vishnu February 14, 2023

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Thank you for your reply. 

Those are new requests and not replies to existing one. 

Even if the log is showing as failed, there are multiple duplicate tickets getting created(21 tickets) every time this issue happens. This is the main issue we are facing.

We have only one Mail Handlers added below, do you think that might be the reason for this error?email handler.png
Thanks in advance

Vishnu February 14, 2023

Hello again @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

I've encountered a new problem now, even if the customer sends an email to only one email address, it sometimes throwing 'Mail handler throws exception' error as added in 1st Screenshot and creating duplicate tickets(21 tickets). 

But it is creating tickets without any errors sometimes. I'm confused as to why it is throwing an error for few requests and processing other requests without any errors.

Note: The emails are from the same customer

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2023

This is something that is going to have to go to Atlassian, we need to be digging into the logs, which we, as Cloud customers, can't do.

Vishnu February 15, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions, I will check this with my team and proceed further.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events