Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to Jira in a form of comment

jmercado April 10, 2023

Hello All,

Can someone confirm please what happens to the email I sent to Jira. Does it become an internal note or external comment (visible as well to customer).

I would send an email to a team member in my company, then I would cc our Jira email address, and then add the JIRA issue number in the subject, so the email attaches to the jira ticket as well.

Does this become visible to customer as well if they are not part of the email? by the way,  in my Jira ticket , the original reporter is from outside of company (our customer). what is the default behavior of Jira when sending email to Jira ticket?

Thanks in advance to you all.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hello @jmercado 

The email will be either a new ticket or added as a public comment.
The reporter will be notified and will be able to see the comment.

Just as I tell my own agents as well; if you are unsure of a workflow, create an issue with a private email account as the reporter and test it out. That will give you all the information that you need, in a very short time. And it will allow to you adjust anything that you deem unwanted.

jmercado April 11, 2023

Thanks, @Paul Wiggers

That's a great idea to test it out. I did it and now I can see how it works. I confirmed that the external customer sees the email when it the JIRA email is copied. 

Thanks again for the helpful suggestion.

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Good to hear that it works out.

If you have no further questions about this, please accept my answer.

jmercado April 12, 2023

Will accept, gladly! Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events