Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email responses to customers from Jira Service Desk not showing request participants as recipients

Romy Meyers August 30, 2022

When replying to a customer within a jira service desk issue and that issue has several request participants listed, the replies appear to be sent to each individual participant and does not list any other recipients. When customers respond they re-add recipients back thinking they were not on the original reply. 

Is there a setting to allow an email to list all requested participants as recipients on the email? 

I did just come across the ${request.sharedwith} variable for the template but would prefer to have them in the normal recipient list (CC) on the email.

Thanks for any help!

Romy

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

@Romy Meyers -

I am not aware there are anything that will allow you to add those users in the normal recipient list (CC) on the email in your email notification.

Since replying on a JSM ticket it is the same as adding a public comment to the ticket, you may want to customize the customer notifications for "Public comment added" template.  Note it will not place the requested participants in the CC'ed part of the notification, but you may be able to include them in the actual notification body.

2022-08-30_18-43-16.png

NOTE - I have not yet test it out. 

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Romy Meyers August 31, 2022

thanks joseph but that would just add the actual recipient - the one that received the email - and not others that were CC'd on the email. 

Have a great day!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

@Romy Meyers - 

You may want to submit an ask to Atlassian Support for possible solution (https://support.atlassian.com).  Thanks for your updates.

Best, Joseph

Romy Meyers September 2, 2022

thanks joseph - i just submitted a ticket

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2022

Keep me posted on what support has to say about the possible solution.  Thanks for you patience.  If my assistance help you, please click on Accept answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

David Conifer Healthcare Solutions October 20, 2023

@Joseph Chung Yin  I'm having the opposite problem. When agents are emailing to other projects/groups the requested participants are being included in the emails chatter. The team(s) would like it so that these emails exchanges do not include the RPs. 

What's they have been doing is removing them as RS in the email form - but then that removes them from the ticket. 

Hoping that there may be a config that can control how/when RPs are included in email.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2023

@David Conifer Healthcare Solutions -

By default, all email recipients will be automatically added as the Request Participants.  Unfortunately, there is actual configuration that you can adjust this behavior.  However, you can setup automation rule for each project to erase the Request Participants field as described in a previous posting -

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Removing-request-participants-based-off-of-email-subject-or/qaq-p/1304332

The drawback of the approach suggested by Atlassian Team means that for the specific request type, there will be no Request Participants usage (built-in function) after the issue is created via the email route.  It will be up to your users to manually share his/her issue again.

Hope this makes sense.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events