Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email requests

Aggeliki K August 29, 2024

Hello,

I would like to ask if I can send requests by email from any account of a specific email domain, without invitation needed. Is that feasible?

Right now, if someone does not get invitation or is not added to jira customers group, they cannot create a ticket when sending email request.

Thank you in advance,

Aggeliki Karagioule

2 answers

0 votes
Aggeliki K September 4, 2024

Hello again,

As I haven't found a solution to the above problem, any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance,

Aggeliki Karagioule

0 votes
Rishabh Jhawar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2024

Hello @Aggeliki K ,

Welcome to the community!

1. Users can raise a issue/create a ticket by sending email to the configured receiving email irrespective of the sending email.

jira temp 1.png

2.  Please check the settings and ensure that channel access in the customer permission settings is set to "open"

jira temp 2.png

Additionally, you may need to double check the product level settings for customer access.

jira temp 3.png 

Regards,

RJ

Aggeliki K August 29, 2024

Hello @Rishabh Jhawar and thank you for your direct response!

Channel access is set to restricted. but if we change the setting to open, then everyone will be able to create ticket via email request, right? We want the access only to users of a specific domain..

If I get it right, if I set channel access to open and then change product level settings for customer access as follows :

1. Click 'Use approved domains to grant internal customers access to the help center with Atlassian accounts'

2. Add the domain in approved domains

3. Click 'Allow customers to create accounts'

will we grant access only to the accounts with the specific domain?

Thank you,

AK

Like Rishabh Jhawar likes this
Rishabh Jhawar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2024

@Aggeliki K 

Yes, making it "open" will allow everyone will be able to create ticket via email request.

Do this:

1. Make it "Restricted"

2. Add a company in the customers of the project and add email domains. 

jira temp 0.png

This way the service project will be open to customers who are added to the project via the org.

Regards,

RJ

Aggeliki K August 30, 2024

Hello @Rishabh Jhawar ,

I followed the steps above and tested the email request with an account of the domain I have added, but no ticket was created. 

The mail log mentions the following : Sorry, self-signup is disabled for this help center. You need to be invited first

Thank you in advance,

Aggeliki Karagioule

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events