Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications template not showing custom field value

Miguel Santos September 8, 2020

I have a custom field called "Affected End User" in the Create Issue screen. I wanted to add this custom field to the email notifications. This field is defined in the workflow "Create" transition when the user does not fill in this field. 

I followed the Atlassian documentation on editing the email notification templates and adding a custom field to them. I created the affectedenduser.vm and added this code:

#disable_html_escaping()
#set ($customfield = $customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_10313"))
#if($issue.getCustomFieldValue($customfield))
<tr>
<th>#text($customfield.name):</th>
<td class="has-icon">
$textutils.htmlEncode($issue.getCustomFieldValue($customfield), false)
</td>
</tr>
#end

The email notification I received does not have the correct value for the custom field, as per this image:

emailnotif.PNGI have no idea how to proceed, any help please?

2 answers

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2020

You can easily configure this type of thing using our app, Notification Assistant for Jira https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211069/notification-assistant-for-jira-email?hosting=server&tab=overview

Miguel Santos September 10, 2020

Hello Boris,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm trying to solve this without the use of any additional plugins, but I appreciate your help.

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2020

Dear,

you need to go in Customer notifications there under 

Default rules 

or 

Go in Add custom rules in Automation

this will help you in do the required changes.

Miguel Santos September 9, 2020

Hello Fahad,

What would you have me do in that section?I don't understand how that helps my issue.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2020
Miguel Santos September 10, 2020

Hello Fahad,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm trying to solve this without the use of any additional plugins, but I appreciate your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events