Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications only for certain updates

Sabi Szilagyi August 25, 2022

Hi All,

I get separate emails about each and every updated field when a ticket is updated. For instance one for the time logged, one for the status change, one for being mentioned on the ticket and so on.

Is there a way that this could be narrowed down to specific changes? The email notification filters that I see in personal settings is very limited.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Sabi Szilagyi

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hello @Sabi Szilagyi 

You could take a look at Notification Schemes. This allows you to set notifications the way you want. 

Check out this article for more detailed information: Configure notification schemes 

Good luck!

Paul

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

@Max Foerster - K15t beat me to it...what he says :) 

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

Hi @Sabi Szilagyi , and welcome to the community! :)

Notifications and their recipients are mostly controlled in notification schemes in Jira. It's part of the project configuration. There are even more specific customer notifications in Jira Service Management, but that's a different topic.

You're right that the options in your profile are limited. So there are more options and events available in the notification scheme, but that's something an administrator has to adjust as it affects all users in a project. I leave a link to the documentation here:

Best, Max

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events