Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications for tempo project managers

Ivan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2020

Hello. I would like create such scheme. I have few persons in Service Desk Team. All work perfect, they receive notifications and etc. , but also I have few managers, who should only watch at case, without working with case or staff. I would like they receive notifications about new case and close case only. I added their emails in notifications scheme, but they didn't receive notifications, than I gave them license and assigned tempo project manager role - nothing change. And if only I add them in Service Desk Team they will be receive notifications. Can you explain me, how I should make my scheme and can I do this without licenses for managers (watchers role). Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2020

hi @Ivan 

This solution doesn't require your managers to be licenced Jira Service Desk users. ;-)

Ask your Jira administrator to install a free plugin called: Automation for Jira - Cloud Lite (link) and once installed create two rules. 

First Rule based on Issue Created.

1. When: Issue Created (Rule is run when the issue is created). 
  2. Then: Send email (enter in email addresses of managers).
    1. The subject can be: Issue {{issue.key}} was just created 
    2. The body can have some definition such as a description or who the reporter was etc. Lots of options available. 
  3. Publish the Rule and enable it. 

Second Rule based on Issue.

1. When: Issue transitioned FROM Resolved TO Closed
  2. Then: Send email (enter in email addresses of managers).
    1. The subject can be: Issue {{issue.key}} was just closed
    2. The body can have some definition such as a description or who the reporter was etc. Lots of options available. 
  3. Publish the Rule and enable it. 

The above is a very easy solution. 

-Mike

Ivan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 14, 2020

Perfect! Thank you!!! It's working. And where I can find guides about keys, such as {{issue.key}}? I explain. I want to notify for example my head of HR only about new employees, and know that now she receive notifications from all topic ( from hardware to access request).

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Hi @Ivan 

You can start here : https://docs.automationforjira.com/using-issue-fields/use-smart-values.html and there is a ton of information on their pages. 

Also when you create some rules, look to the bottom of most pages, there is normally a more options link.

Some other useful guides:

You can use a number of issue fields in your text:

• {{reporter.displayName}} - renders the issue reporter's full name
  • {{issue.fields}} - gives you access to all of the issue's fields
  • {{comment.body}} - access the comment body (if provided)
  • {{#changelog.priority}}{{fromString}} - {{toString}}{{/changelog.priority}} - allows access to specific field changes in issue update or transition events
  • {{now}} - reference, manipulate and format dates

For example, the text on the left would produce the result on the right:

Text

Hi {{creator.displayName}}, this issue has description '{{issue.fields.description}}'!

Result

Hi Fred Flintstone, this issue has description 'Sample issue description'!

-Mike 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events