Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification for Unassigned Queue tickets

Paul Sheraton December 31, 2021

Hello

So I have just started using Jira Service Managment.

I have created a new Queue called "Unassigned" so that I can view any incidents wherby the Assignee = Unassiged.

However if I am not at my desk It would be usful to have an email notifcation that someone has logged a new ticket to this queue.

Is this easy to do?

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2021

Hi @Paul Sheraton , Welcome to the community.

I have a similar project where all new tickets are unassigned. So I have a triage queue that is used to reflect all new created unassigned issues. Every new ticket results in a notification email. If these are newly created tickets you should be receiving an email if you have set up notifications accordingly. However if they were something special about your process where tickets are opened unassigned and not getting notifications then I would turn to automation. It would look something like below.

• trigger - issue created
  • condition - assignee is empty
  • action - email user
1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2021

Hi @Paul Sheraton

Welcome to the community!

Use jira automation.

Trigger: issue created

Condition: assignee is empty

Action: send email 

Example: https://youtu.be/ccWTIgdnQqE

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD