Email not generating tickets

Namrata Kumari March 27, 2023

Hi,

Sending an email to the link email address is not generating a ticket in the portal.

The ticket is generated successfully using the Jira header 'Create' button.

I don't see any recent logs in 'Processing' tab.

Also, went to Jira settings > System > Global mail settings and checked that the  Email processor is On

Any idea what can be done to troubleshoot further?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Namrata Kumari ,

Can you confirm that the JSM project email handler is correctly configured under Project settings > email requests? Please note that JSM does not use the system inbound email handler under admin > system.

if you believe it is properly configured please share a screenshot and also I suggest you click on "view logs" under the aforementioned "email request".

This is how it looks (the second email account). It says the last email was received 2 months ago, however, I tried sending an email to this account but no joy.

Image 27-03-2023 at 12.01.jpeg

The logs are as below. I have checked the fields and only the Summary and Description fields are mandatory. Image 27-03-2023 at 12.06.jpeg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

My guess is that you have one or more fields that are marked as required for your email request time. Please check that you only have the summary and description marked as required for your email request type.

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2023

I have to agree with @Jack Brickey here. There is a request type that is associated with your e-mail handler that has more required fields than just the Summary and Description.

These two are the only required fields I can see.

Is there any way I can confirm this?

Thank you so much for your responses.

Image 27-03-2023 at 14.16.jpeg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2023

Hi @Namrata Kumari ,

that looks OK. Now, could you please check the workflow associated with the issue type. Look for any validator's that might be associated with the create transition. What I have seen happen in other scenarios is that the same issue type is used for email request type as it is for other request types. And at some point the administrator adds validator's to the create transition to handle issues created by Agents via the Create method within Jira.

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2023

These are the fields that are required in the form. Unfortunately, the form isn't used when you are submitting an issue through the e-mail channel.

Please go to cog wheel > Issues > field configurations. Look for any fields that are marked as REQUIRED and note on which screen they are used. Most likely, there is a field there that is required that you didn't think about. It happened to me a while back, was not a fun night, having to re-create all those blocked issues from the log...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events