Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not creating Service Management tickets

Raoul Kaiser March 14, 2022

Apparently posted in Jira Software board the first time so I only received 1 response. Trying in the correct forum this time and hoping for more responses.

We have a very specific set up of service desk since we are only 3 weeks into its creation for us.

• We are only allowing IT users as customers
  • Our help desk email help@domain.com is a shared mailbox so it doesn't have a userid or password.
  • Our service management email is ahsm@<co name>.atlassian.net
  • We have forwarded our help@domain.com to ahsm@<co name>.atlassian.net

Since the emails come from everyone inside the company and our external customers if they are not part of the IT department the ticket creation gets failed per the customer access settings.

How can I allow ticket creation from any person mailing to help@domain.com without having them become a customer? We do not want anyone outside of IT to get into the system yet and maybe never want them in. Is there a way to create customers without them receiving an email stating they are customers or having them login?

I added that anyone (public) can create tickets but that did not work either. It all goes back go customer permissions.

email request failed.pngCustomer permissions.png

3 answers

0 votes
RSavage_stellarindustrial_com November 14, 2022

I'm having a very similar issue and can't seem to get the forwarded emails enter Jira service project.

We have a shared mailbox xxx@domainname.com

Our site access states to approve our domain that is in the email address.

The mailbox forwards an email to our csr@domain.atlassian.net and the email doesn't show up.  I don't know what we are missing.

I added the xxx@domainname.com as a customer.

0 votes
Raoul Kaiser March 22, 2022

Jira out of the box can't handle the way I need it to so this is just one feature we will not use.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2022

hi @Raoul Kaiser , it seems you have found an answer? Can yo please share what specific requirement JSM does not meet here. This will help others in the future.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2022

So for a person to create an issue ultimately they must be a customer, at least in the eyes of JSM. One idea is that if you never want the reporter to get notified of anything including public comments then you could use a forwarding email scenario. Note I have not tried this so some trial and error may be required. The idea here is all of your customers would email to your default helpdesk email. Then your email server would forward that email from an email that is indeed set up as a user in JSM. This would then mean every issue would be created by this one email address.

Raoul Kaiser March 16, 2022

Tried this as well and it did not work. It still tried to create the customer. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events