Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email channel isn't pulling email

Jason Hitt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 10, 2022

I have enabled 'Email puller' and 'Email processor' in the Global Mail Settings, and have set up an email channel using Microsoft Azure, Secure IMAP.  The email channel shows a 'SUCCESS' status, but JIRA is never connecting to pull emails.

Viewing 'Email requests' under the Service Management application shows the email address in use with a status of 'No email received ever'.  The test button says "No problems found with email settings configuration.  Successfully connected to the specified email server.", but "View log" shows 'No result found' for both Connectivity and Processing logs.  Monitoring the network connection on the server shows that the only time the IMAP server is hit is when the connection tests are being performed - there are no connections every minute as stated in the documentation.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Hitt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 11, 2022

I started gathering screenshots for you, then got to the logs and saw it actually ran.  Apparently all we needed was to restart our JIRA instance (which just so happened to occur last night during routine maintenance).  I now see JIRA checking IMAP every minute, as expected, and issues are creating properly.

It just goes to show that "IT Crowd" had it right.  You have to try turning it off and back on again!

Marini Marini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2022

Hi @Jason Hitt 

I am glad that you resolved the issue.

0 votes
Marini Marini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2022

Hi @Jason Hitt 

Can you please share the steps to reproduce the issue with JSM's Email Request? If you also include screenshots, that would be great for us to troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you,

Marini

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events