Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email autoresponder for failed email request

Kyle Ouellette July 22, 2021

Hello,

I have an email responder configured so that issues can be created via email. Part of our configuration is that only customers can submit emails. This appears to work as I can check the mail logs and see that the incoming email from a non-customer failed with the details of "You don't have permission to access this service project". This is working as expected, however, JSM does not seem to send any sort of response to the sender indicating that their email was rejected. This leads to the sender thinking their email was received and us not knowing an email was sent and rejected.

How can I configure an autoresponder that replies to the sender to inform them their email was rejected and to navigate elsewhere to request an account? If that isn't possible, is there automation I can set up to notify my team of when an email is rejected so we can check the logs and reply to the user if needed?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2021

Hello @Kyle Ouellette,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

When it comes to an incoming email, currently, the only way to check if it failed is through the logs. 

No notifications are sent to the project admin or the customer to inform them that the email failed to create a ticket. 

Also, since the ticket is not created, there are no triggers that we could use in the automation to get the email address to send an email.

There are feature requests suggesting improvements for that:

Please, click on vote and also watch the feature above to receive updates from our product team.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Kyle Ouellette July 23, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz,

Great, thank you for this info. I've voted and watched both and am looking forward to seeing these implemented in the near future!

Thanks,
Kyle

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events