Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Response Not Showing in Comments in Service Project

Jason Spellman August 24, 2021

Need help with getting a user to be able to reply to an automated email out of Jira cloud and it show up in the comments section. The Issue ID is part of the subject line. They have access to the site, can log in and under the permission section of the project, access to any logged in user is present. As an administrator my replies out of Outlook to the automated email show up. I have checked Permission, Notifications etc. Please advise. 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2021

Hello @Jason Spellman,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Just for a better understanding of the issue, I would like to know what permission that the user has on the project and on the site.

Are they a licensed Service Management user or are they a customer?

What is their role in the project?

What is their role in the affected ticket? Are they the reporter, participant, or member of an organization the ticket was shared with?

Another thing to check is the email logs.

Please, go to the Project settings > Email requests (company-managed) or Project settings > Channels > Email (team-managed) and click on View logs.

On the window that will appear, it’s possible to see the new requests and replies. If there is any error, it will show on the Status column and the details will inform the cause. If it does show some error with the reply from the user, feel free to share a screenshot with us (just make sure to hide private details).

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events