Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Request

Crystal Rouse August 5, 2022

Can I have more than one email address for email requests in Jira Service Desk?  We are using Data Center.  Of course with data center we have many projects, so I would need to have more than one email address for this functionality.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2022

@Crystal Rouse I have set up email forwards and email aliases in the past to get around the one email address per service desk.  This allows you to have multiple email addresses that can receive requests.  The outgoing email will only use a single email address.  I would suggest using the portal.  It is a much better way to receive requests than email or multiple email requests.  

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2022

@Crystal Rouse Can you accept the answer so others can find the correct information.  

PHC Admin September 1, 2023

So we can only have one "custom" email address per Service Desk Account? Meaning that if I have 5 Service Desk Projects, each for a different customer, I can't have "support-1@mydomain" for one Service desk and "support-2@mydomain" for another Service Desk? So what you are saying is I can only have one "support@mydomain" email for my Jira account and then I need to figure out how to deal with which customer request ends up in which Service Desk?

I keep complaining that as much as I like Jira and Service Desk and have managed to use it for years, it really is poorly designed for a small business that doesn't have a dedicated onboarding person to deal with this. I spend hours each time I want to onboard a new client and get the communications set up to work smoothly. In my case, it looks like I need to set up the service desk, then go read though a bunch of documentation on how to route an email alias in Google Workspace so it will send the request to the correct Service Desk. And then there still is the whole email response side of this. Just way too involved for someone who then has to actually go and service the customer.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2023

@PHC Admin As per my response you can have one address per service desk.  The question was one service desk with multiple email address.  

PHC Admin September 1, 2023

The question was a different email for each service desk. I have gotten answers that were one custom email per "account" though it seems I can have one per project, meaning per Service Desk. I think I git it working - though we'll see.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events