Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing fields in JIRA Slack Create

Deleted user January 11, 2022

Hi,

I had been tweaking the JIRA - Slack integration but I gave up on some of the fields that it can only support in the meantime.

I want to go back to just plain summary, description and maybe 1 custom text field that is a requirement. However, since I've had a series of tests in the customer portal view and custom fields, it seems that some of the fields are stuck in the /jira create command form even when already removed in the requestor view form.

How does it populate the fields and is there a way to remove them? I have been removing from requestor view form (not in screens) because I still want some fields to be shown in the Customer portal. Is there a way to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ,

The /jira create command uses the Create screen for the selected issue type in Jira. It doesn't take the request configuration into account from the customer view. So in this case, it sounds like you won't be able to make changes in Slack without considering changes to the Create screen in Jira.

If the custom field you mentioned isn't strictly necessary to create the issue, you might have luck using the command shortcuts to pre-populate the issue type, summary, description, and just submit the issue straightaway when the modal window comes up. From the documentation , we can see this command:

/jira create [issueType] [Summary] [description]

/jira create bug Printer is on fire

The printer on floor 16 is on fire. I suspect this has a high priority

By sending that in Slack (vs the simple /jira create), the issue type, summary, and description fields are pre-populated. When the modal window for the create screen comes up, pressing Tab once should move the focus to the Submit button, and then pressing Enter should submit the issue. Not precisely what you asked, but it may speed things up!

Cheers,
Daniel

Deleted user January 17, 2022

@Daniel Eads Appreciate this Daniel. It still confuses me tho. Because I have like 12 fields in the Create screen, but the ones showing on the Slack is half only (6 fields) so I'm not sure if it does populate from there. I even tried to edit the screens but to no avail. So just wanted to know if it dynamically pulls up from the screen..or somewhere.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2022

It is supposed to pull the fields from the Create screen, but not necessarily in the order they appear on the screen. There is a an open feature request to customize the fields, API-157 

Like Deleted user likes this
0 votes
Deleted user January 17, 2022

-- replied to answer

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS