Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit of issue and form field after the issue submission

Masashi_Igosaki_tcichemicals_com April 7, 2024

I create an issue which function as application, and the application is focusing on license declaration and update. several related licenses have each different expiration date, and attach the license file in the "Form". Expiration date fields are custom fields, but the field attachment is in the "Form" together with the issue.

As process, user submit the application and require approval, then after received the approval, set scheduled automation. the scheduled automation watch 1 month before the expiration date and notify the reporter/creator to update one of the license expiration date field and file.

Now, I'm stacked underlined part... how the reporter/creator edit the field again and update the file.

And I also considered alternative plan, like clone the issue and restarting the process and delete the existing issue etc.,

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2024

The Reporter will not be able to update any fields once the form is submitted. They can only add Comments or Attachments. 

There is an open request to be able to edit fields after submission if you would like to vote for and follow it. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-93

Masashi_Igosaki_tcichemicals_com April 8, 2024

Thanks, I referred to the open request. I will probably adjust the issue based on the forms. If I could make it jira automation for "open customer edits" during the workflow process, then I think I can achieve the ideal output. 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2024

Agents can update the field, but the Reporter will not be able to.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events