Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail with Issue fields

Marc Isikoff August 31, 2022

Using Jira Service Desk and over the past weekend we (not me) migrated from on-prem to cloud and now somethings are not working.

Before migration..

We could send e-mails from JIRA when a request was received and have it show a few fields the requester filled out using {{issue.field}}

Now it does not render this information from the system but just shows (for ex:)

Your name

{{issue.name}} 

And this is instead of

Your name

John Doe

We are on Jira 8.13.9

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Hi @Marc Isikoff,

I don't know how that variable got in your configuration and where exactly it is. If it comes from customer notifications, you could use ${recipient.name} to specify the correct value.

If it is in automation, you can use proper smart values to refer either to the assignee or the reporter using {{issue.assignee.displayName}} or {{issue.reporter.displayName}} 

Hope this helps!

Marc Isikoff August 31, 2022

I think that works for Automation for Jira, not Legacy Automation. 

If I use {{issue.field.displayName}} or just {{issue.field}} it red underlines that as if it doesn't know how to interpret.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

I wouldn't know how to interpret that either, @Marc Isikoff 😅. The displayName syntax is specific to reporter and assignee, not to any other custom fields you may want to refer to.

Have a look at this support article on how to use smart values. It is indeed related to the new automation. But since you just migrated to cloud, I would recommend you to implement the new automation rather than the legacy version. It will become deprecated at some point in time, very likely ... 

Marc Isikoff September 2, 2022

Thanks Walter,

I'm working with my company on how the automation reverted to Legacy as I didn't do the migration nor can I install software.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events