Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail Templates - Cloud

Dave Grimmer June 24, 2021

Hi , on Jira cloud how can i change the e-mail templates when ticket status are updated and notes added to ticket etc 

A lot of the articles i find are for on prem version 

Thanks
Dave

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

You can change the customer notification emails under project settings - customer notifications. Is that what you seek?

Hey Jack yeah this is part of it was right in front of my noise .. but is there a way i can change who it comes from as currently and I cant work out why it comes from the Engineer who originally set the system up . i would like to change it to come from IT Support Desk or something similar  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

You can’t change the from email you could change the template to specify who is sending it. Another word it comes from your Jira outbound email but you can add a signature that specifies a certain person.

Thanks for this 

This is what i mean to change where it says "Peter Wilcox (Jira) .. is step 1 which i think i can do thats on our 365 ... bit the other part further down always says his name even if its someone else updating the ticket 

hope tht makes sense 

jira.JPG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2021

So if the “changed by” is incorrect I wonder if it is some automation rule that is owned by Peter. Can you check on that?

Would that be under Project Settings if so checked in there and cant see anything obvious .. but am a JIra noob .. so any pointers would help 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2021

Look under project settings - automation- legacy. Click on the slider icon at the top next to “add rule”.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events